To submit a file being stored in your Dropbox account, please for instructions.
To submit online media hosted by a public, non-password protected site such as YouTube or Vimeo, please for instructions.
This article will walk you through the main functionalities of the . If you have additional questions after following this walkthrough, please contact email@example.com.
1. On the main page of our website (we recommend using Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Google), please fill out the fields required to open a new account. If you have an existing account, please select Login at the top right. You can also create and access the Customer Portal via your Google or Facebook accounts.
2. Once logged in, you will see the Portal home page where you can upload audio and video content from your computer, , or . You can also organize your content into folders that you can create on the left-hand side of the page. You can also download completed transcripts, receipts and change account details from your account.
3. Let's begin by uploading a short audio clip from your computer by clicking the Upload button.
Then click Select Files to Upload.
Navigate to the folder where the file is located, click on it, and click Open. You can select multiple files by holding down the Ctrl key while left clicking with your mouse on each file you wish to upload.
4. You can see the progress of the upload on the screen as the file is transferred to the Portal. Video files are generally larger than audio files, so they may take slightly longer to upload. While your files are uploading, you can enter details it would be helpful for our team to know in the area provided. These can include the spelling of names, any useful acronyms, number of speakers, etc.
Please note that our system is optimized for files no larger than 500mb. We accept the following formats: wav, mp3, mp4, ogg, aiff, aif, m4a, mov, wma, avi, flv, 3gp, 3gpp, 3ga, amr, caf, m4v, and MXF.
(Please note: Some new devices that produce certain formatted files, such as m4a, .wav, etc., cause a data transfer error and will result in distorted audio once processing has completed. We recommend that any new m4a file should be converted to mp3 files prior to uploading to avoid this issue. You can see our walkthrough on how to prepare files for submission to our portal here .
5. Once the screen says "Ready to Transcribe" click on the orange Transcribe button which will take you to the Order Details page where you will see the total price of your order.
6. The Order Details page enables you to choose the service you require and also shows you the total cost of your order. Please note that the Order Details page defaults to our First Draft Service without timestamps and speaker IDs. You can change the details of this service by changing the language, output format, turnaround time or to include timestamps and speaker IDs (simply change the 'Not Included' to the number of speakers in your file). If you wish to order another type of service, you can click on that service under Transcription Type and change the details of your order to best reflect your requirements.
The details that you select on the left-hand side will apply to all of your files. You can check and change details by clicking on the small plus sign beside each selection and using the menu. Then click the X once you are done making changes to that file.
Other file characteristics such as flagging any heavy accents, content such as Medical or technical terminology, can be selected under Advanced Settings.
If you have a promo code, please apply it to your order by entering it exactly as you have it in the box that says Promo Code and then clicking Apply.
When you are satisfied with the options that you have selected, press Continue to proceed to the Payment Details page.
7. On the Payment Details page, please select Add Card which will take you through to a secure billing information screen that also displays the files that you are ordering and the cost. Please fill in the required fields and click Save. If you need to change anything you can click Back which will return you to the Order Details page. Once the order is finished loading, and you are sure that you have selected the appropriate service for your needs, please click on the Place Order button.
8. Once your order has loaded you will see an Order Complete screen. This means that your order has been placed successfully. An automatic email will be sent to you confirming this. Clicking on Back to My Recordings will take you back to the original screen of your account.
9. You can check on the status of your orders by going to the Orders tab in your account. This will show you the order number, status and enable you to download a receipt. As your files are completed, they will be emailed to you.