In addition to our mobile phone apps for iPhone and Android, TranscribeMe provides a beautiful, easy-to-use client Portal where you can upload content and request transcripts. The Portal supports file uploads from your computer, Dropbox, and online media sites such as Youtube and Vimeo.
If you are looking to submit a file being stored on your Dropbox, please click here for instructions.
If you are looking to submit online media hosted by a site such as Youtube or Vimeo, please click here for instructions.
This article will walk you through the main functionalities of the Customer Portal. If you have any questions, please contact support@TranscribeMe.com after reviewing the instructions on this page.
1. Start by logging onto the TranscribeMe Portal with your username and password, or by registering if you're a new user.
2. Once logged in, you will see the Portal home page where you can upload audio and video content from your computer, Dropbox, or media-hosting sites like YouTube. You can also organize your content into folders that you can create on the left-hand side of the page, and download completed transcripts in the formats available to you.
3. Let's begin by uploading a short audio clip from your computer by clicking the "Select files from my computer button," or by dropping the file into the highlighted area on the Portal.
4. You can see the progress of the upload on the screen as the file is transferred to the Portal. Video files are generally larger than audio files, so they may take slightly longer to upload to the Portal.
5. During the upload you can change the details for the recording, such as the name, description, source language, and accent. In this example we will submit English (US) for our file. It's important that you select the right language and accent for your file to ensure that your transcript is processed correctly.
6. After the file is uploaded, you can order your transcript by clicking the orange "Transcribe" button to the right of the file name. This will take you to the Order Details page where you will see the total price of your order. On this page, you can also change details for any of your files prior to submitting an order. If you have a promo code, you can apply it to your order by following these instructions. When you're satisfied with your option selections, press "Continue" to proceed to the Payment Details page.
Clicking on the "Show Advanced Options" hyperlink on the right-hand side of your file's Order Details windows will display selections where you can note the content of your file (Domain), its audio quality (Noisy Audio), and our different verbatim offerings (Transcription Type).
7. You can enter your billing information on the Payment Details page. TranscribeMe processes credit cards using a secure Bank of America merchant facility. We guarantee that your information is safeguarded, and that your credit card information will be secure.
8. After you click "Continue," you will have the opportunity to verify your payment details on the Order Confirmation page. If everything looks right, click "Pay and Confirm" to continue the ordering process.
9. After clicking on the "Confirm" button, you will be taken to a confirmation page that outlines the details of your order.
10. Once the transcript is completed, you can download it the format you've have ordered. These formats may include Word .doc, .pdf, HTML, or NVivo-compatible documents. When you revisit the Portal home page, you can download your transcript by clicking the black "Download" button to the right of your filename and selecting your preferred format.
11. Once you've had an opportunity to review the transcript, please let us know what you think about it! This can be done by clicking the "Thumbs Up" and "Thumbs Down" buttons under the "Feedback" heading. Your feedback will be sent to the TranscribeMe Customer Support team, and if there are any issues they will follow-up with it promptly.
12. The Filter feature makes it easy to organize your media files and transcripts. Press the "+ Filer" link to open the Filter dialog box. Enter the filter criteria, and click the gray "Apply" button. If you would like to organize your files into folders, you can do so by following these instructions.
13. The Portal allows you to edit your account details and change your password at anytime. To do this, please click the "My Account" button at the top of the screen.
14. After clicking this button, you will be taken to the My Account page where you can update your preferences as you see fit!
We have now covered the basic steps of utilizing the Customer Portal. If you have any questions about ordering, please contact support@TranscribeMe.com and we will be happy to help you!