NVivo 11 for PC allows you to purchase your transcripts directly from NVivo and transcripts will appear directly in your NVivo project upon completion.
If you're using NVivo 11 for Mac, please click here for information on how to order your transcripts.
Please go here for a video tutorial on how to order transcripts through NVivo.
1. Create a new project in NVivo 11.
2. From your new project, right-click in the center of the screen. Select "Import," and click "Import Audio" or "Import Video."
3. Select which audio or video file you would like transcribed by clicking the filename and then clicking "Open."
After you have selected your file, the "Audio Properties" or "Video Properties" window will open. Here you can rename the media file or provide any details about your recording, like special terminology used.
Click "OK" to proceed.
4. Your file will upload to NVivo. Once the upload is complete, the file will appear in your "Internals" Source.
5. From the "Internals" Source, right-click on the file name and select "Purchase Transcript."
6. Selecting "Purchase Transcript" will bring up the "TranscribeMe Authenticator" which links your TranscribeMe and NVivo accounts.
If you have already registered with TranscribeMe, you can enter your login details, click "Authorize," and skip ahead to Step 12 of this walkthrough.
If you are a new user, click "Create Account" to proceed to the registration process in Step 7.
7. To register, enter your email address in the open field under the "Create Your Account" heading and click "Sign Up".
8. From here, you will receive an authentication email. Click the activation link to continue the registration process.
9. Clicking the activation link will bring you to the Registration Details page. Fill out the necessary information and click "Register."
10. Clicking "Register" will bring you to a confirmation page. Return to NVivo to proceed.
11. Link your TranscribeMe account with NVivo by entering your login credentials and clicking "Authorize."
12. Once you are signed into TranscribeMe, the "TranscribeMe Transcript Order" window will appear. Here you can select whether your file is single or multispeaker, your preferred turnaround time, the language of your audio file, and you can also apply any promo code you may have. After you have made your selections, click "Submit Order."
13. An Order Confirmation window will appear displaying your final costs. Click "OK" to confirm the order, and your file will begin uploading to TranscribeMe.
14. When your file has finished uploading, you will receive an email from TranscribeMe titled "One More Step Before We Can Transcribe."
Click the link reading "complete the payment process" to proceed with your order.
15. Enter your credit card details and click "Continue."
16. This will bring you to a final "Order Confirmation" page where you can confirm all details. Click "Confirm Order" and your order will be placed.
17. You will receive an email receipt from TranscribeMe titled "Transcription Order Received via NVivo" that confirms your order is in progress.
18. Once transcription is complete, you will receive an email from TranscribeMe titled "Your transcription order [filename] is complete!"
19. Once you have received the delivery email, simply reopen NVivo (or, if the program is already open, right-click in the center of the screen and select "Refresh") and your transcript will automatically appear in your project! The audio will sync with the transcript, so that you will be able to easily navigate through your media with fully-searchable text!
We have now covered the major steps from creating a new project in NVivo 11 to ordering a transcript. If you have any questions about using TranscribeMe with NVivo 11, please contact support@TranscribeMe.com, and we will be glad to assist you!