TranscribeMe's iPhone app was built with ease-of-use in mind, allowing you to complete the entire ordering process in-app as well us upload existing recordings from Dropbox or Voice Memos. The new version of the TranscribeMe iPhone app is available in the App Store.
NOTE: If you are using the TranscribeMe app for iPad, please note that iPad does not offer a native recording device like Voice Memos. Please consider recording using the TranscribeMe app. Alternately, if you've recorded the file with a different app, you can email the file to yourself and then submit it to our Customer Portal by following these instructions. Please email support@TranscribeMe.com if you're an iPad user experiencing difficulty uploading your file.
This article will walk you through the process of registering to ordering your transcript. If you have any questions about the iPhone app, or about TranscribeMe in general, please email Support@TranscribeMe.com and we will be glad to assist you!
1. Download the TranscribeMe iPhone app from the App Store. Tap the TranscribeMe icon to open the app and then tap the orange "Create Account" button to get started.
If you have already created an account, click "Log In" and proceed to step 2.
2. After registering, you will be taken to the Recorder screen. Now you are ready to start recording audio for transcription! Tap the orange button to begin recording, the pause icon to pause, and the orange "Done" button to complete your recording.
If you want to submit a recording you created in Voice Memos, follow these these instructions. If you have a file you want to upload from Dropbox, you can use these instructions.
3. You will be given the opportunity to name your file and provide a description of its contents. Click the "Save" button to proceed.
4. A file with the status "Waiting" or "Uploading" to the right of it's name is in the process of being sent to our servers.
Once the upload process is complete, an orange "Transcribe" button will appear to the right of the filename. Tap "Transcribe" to submit your recording for transcription.
5. You will be taken to the Order Details screen. On this screen, you can change file details like language, accent, and transcription style.
If you have a promo code, enter it at the base of this screen and click "Apply".
Click the orange "Continue" button at the bottom of the page to proceed.
6. You will be taken to the Payment Details page. Begin by entering your billing address. Scroll down the screen to enter your credit card information.
7. After entering your credit card information you can select to save billing details or enable auto-billing. Saving your billing details will always bring you to this page for future orders, and your billing information will be pre-populated.
Selecting auto-billing will skip this page entirely for future orders, and will instead route you directly to the Order Confirmation page.
Once you have filled out all necessary information, tap the orange "Continue" button.
8. From here, you will be taken to the Order Confirmation page. Tap the orange "Pay and Confirm Order" button, and your recording will be submitted for transcription!
9. The final screen shows a summary of your order. You should expect a highly accurate transcript delivered to you via email. This transcript can also be downloaded from your Customer Portal at any time.
Transcripts will also be available to view in-app by clicking on the filename in your list of recordings.
We have now covered the major steps from downloading the app, to recording audio, through to ordering your transcript. If we can assist you with the iPhone app or any other aspect of TranscribeMe's service, please write support@TranscribeMe.com. Thank you view reviewing this tutorial!