- Please note that our walkthrough for NVivo 11 can be found here.
- If you are using NVivo 10 for Windows and can't see the option to "Purchase transcript," you will need to download Service Pack 6 for your version of the program. SP6 for the 32-bit version of NVivo 10 for Windows can be found here, and the 64-bit version can be found here.
- If you're using NVivo 10 for Mac, please follow these instructions to order your transcript.
- Please go here for a video tutorial on how to order transcripts through NVivo.
Here is how you order transcripts directly in NVivo:
1. Create a new project in NVivo.
2. Right click in the center of the screen. Select "Import," and click "Import Audios" or "Import Videos", depending on which type of file you're submitting.
3. Select which audio or video file you'd like transcribed. After you have selected your file, a window called "Audio Properties" or "Video Properties" will open. You can use this window to rename the media file or provide any details about your recording, like special terminology used.
4. After you click "OK" in the properties window, your file window will upload to NVivo. Once the upload is complete, the recording will appear in your "Internals" list.
5. Right-click on the filename and select "Purchase Transcript."
6. Selecting "Purchase Transcript" will bring up the TranscribeMe Authenticator, which links your TranscribeMe and Nvivo accounts.
If you have already registered with TranscribeMe, you can enter your login details, click "Authorize," and skip to Step 12 of this walkthrough.
If you are a new user, click "Create Account" to proceed to the registration process.
7. To register, enter your email address in the open field below the "Create Account" header. Click "Sign Up" to proceed.
8. From here, you should receive an authentication email. Click the activation link to continue the registration process.
9. Clicking the activation link will bring you to the "Registration Details" page. Fill out the necessary information and click "Register."
10. Clicking "Register" will bring you to a confirmation page. From here you can return to NVivo.
11. Once you return to NVivo, enter your new account credentials and click "Authorize".
12. Once you are signed into TranscribeMe, the "TranscribeMe Transcript Order" window will appear. Here you can select whether your file is single or multiple speakers, your preferred turnaround time, the language of your audio file, and you can also apply any Promo Code you may have. After you have made your selections, click "Submit Order."
13. After you have clicked "Submit Order," a window will open in NVivo called "TranscribeMe Order Confirmation" displaying your final costs. Click "OK" to confirm the order, and your file will begin uploading to TranscribeMe for transcription.
14. When your file has finished uploading, you will receive an email from TranscribeMe titled "One More Step Before We Can Transcribe." Click the link reading "complete the payment process" to proceed to the "Payment Details" page.
15. The payment process begins with the "Payment Details" page. Fill out all required fields and click "Continue." This will bring you to a final "Order Confirmation" page where you can confirm all details. Click "Pay & Confirm Order" and you're all set.
16. You will receive an email receipt from TranscribeMe titled "Transcription Order Received via NVivo" that confirms your order is in progress.
17. Once transcription is completed, you will receive an email from TranscribeMe titled "Your transcription order [filename] is complete!"
18. Once you have received this email, simply reopen NVivo (or, if the program is already open, right-click in the center of the screen and select "Refresh") and your transcript will automatically appear in your NVivo project! The audio will sync with the transcript, so that you will easily be able to navigate through your media with fully-searchable text!
We have now covered the major steps from creating a new project in NVivo to ordering a transcript. If you have any questions about using TranscribeMe with NVivo, please contact us at support@TranscribeMe.com and we will be glad to assist!