It is easy to change the accent and language of multiple files in just a few clicks. The default accent and language for our system is US English. If your media files are in a different language or accent, this walkthrough will show you the correct steps to take.
1. Login to your Customer Portal.
2. Before uploading your files, click the link at the top of the screen that reads “Options and Language Preferences".
3. Clicking on this link opens a window with two open fields and two dropdown menus. Please note the information you provide here will apply to all files in your upload and must be made before the upload process begins. In the first field, you can write the recording name of your files. By adding a recording name, your media files will be renamed [NAME] - 1, - 2, - 3, etc..
4. In the second field, you can write a description for your files. Your description could simply explain the content of your files, but you can also use this field to include any special terminology, acronyms or other details you may find important.
5. Beneath this field, there are two drop-down menus where you can select the language and accent of your files. Please note that if you have a few files requiring different accent or language selections (e.g. 2 out of 20 files have British accents), you can make small adjustments on the Order Details page to each file (please see step 6 in the Customer Portal Walkthrough for more details).
6. After you have edited the details, you can begin uploading files. You can use any of the mass upload methods (drag and drop, select files from your computer, or uploading through Dropbox). Please note that all files must be selected at this step for mass file details to apply. Once you have selected your files, click "Open" to begin the upload process.
7. The uploaded files will have the same name and file details you specified.
8. From here, please proceed to Step 6 on our Customer Portal Walkthrough to finish ordering your transcripts. If you would like to further mass edit your file details, you will be given an opportunity to do so on the Order Details page. At the top of this page, you will see a link called "Change settings for all recordings in this order." Click on this link.
9. This will bring up a menu that allows you to adjust details for all of your recordings.
10. After adjusting your order details by using this menu, click the gray "Apply" button.
We hope this walkthrough has been useful to you. If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know at support@TranscribeMe.com.