Mobile Call Recorder App
Call Recorder App
TranscribeMe is pleased to provide this new digital tool to assist our customers in creating higher-quality audio when capturing a digital phone call. This walkthrough will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to use the Mobile Call Recorder App for IOS. An Android version is in the works and should be available soon.
- Access the download for the app by going to the App Store on your IOS device. Search for TranscribeMe or Call Recorder. There are 2 TranscribeMe apps available. The first is our recording and ordering app, for which a detailed walkthrough can be found here. You will need this app to manage and order your recorded phone call audio, so we suggest downloading it before using the Call Recorder app. The second is our mobile Call Recorder App. This will allow you to create a digital audio recording of any phone call.
- Download the Call Recorder to your IOS device.
3. Once you have downloaded the app, open it and you will see the screen shown below.
4. If you do not already have a customer portal account with TranscribeMe you will be required to create one.
a) Tap the orange 'Sign up' button.
b) Enter your first name, last name, email address (this will become your username for your customer portal account), and your chosen password. Please note, passwords must be at least 8 characters in length and can include capital letters, lower case letters, numbers, and special characters.
c) Then click 'Sign up'.
5. If you already have a customer portal account with TranscribeMe you can log into your account via the app. Just click 'Log in'. Add the email address you used to create your customer portal account, and your password and hit 'Log in' again.
6. Once you have created your account, or logged into your account using the Call Recorder App you will see the main screen. On this screen, you can choose to Record a Phone Call or Manage your recordings. To record a phone call, tap the purple Record a phone call button.
7. You will then be shown a keypad.
You can either tap the 'contacts' button on the bottom left of the screen or type in the number you would like to call directly.
8. The app will ask permission to access your contacts. Once you hit OK, you will gain have access to the keypad.
9. Hit the purple phone icon and the app will automatically say 'Call +1 (216) 478-2076. This is the call recorder number. It is toll-free for all US and Canada-based phone numbers.
10. You will see a pop-up requesting that you disclose the call recording to all participants. Once you hit 'OK' the call will then show the number of the other party you are calling, and from then will look like just a normal phone call. Please note, by clicking OK you are agreeing to abide by all call recording requirements in your area.
11. Once you have clicked 'OK' the screen then looks like any other phone call with the number you dialed at the top. Once the call has ended, simply hang up the call. It will take you back to the call recorder app home screen. The audio recording will automatically be saved on your TranscribeMe customer portal account.
12. If you are attempting to record an online meeting, you will need to use the dial-in option for the online meeting app by entering the number into the call recorder app, then enter the pin after the app has called the recording number.
13. You can change your password or see your account information by hitting the Settings icon from the main page.
14. You can change your password by clicking on the Password icon and resetting it on the Password screen.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.