Working With Different File types on the Customer Portal
The TranscribeMe Customer Portal accepts most major file types. They include:
- Video files such as .wav, .mp4, .m4a, .m4v, .mov, .avi, .3gp, .3gpp, .flv, or .ogg
- Audio files such as .mp3, .aif, .aiff, .wma, .3ga, .amr, and .caf for Mac.
If you are using a different file type, there is a simple and free converter available at Online-Convert.com. Here is how you use it:
- If your source file is audio, use the audio converter menu on the left. If your source file is video, use the video converter on the right.
- Select a file type that is compatible with the TranscribeMe Customer Portal (using the bulleted list above).
- Under the menu that says "Upload your [audio/video] you want to convert to [filetype]", click "Choose File". Select your file and click "Open".
- Click "Convert File" and your file should begin downloading to your computer automatically once processing is complete.
If you are unable to use the online converter due to the file size, you can also use NCH Switch instead.
We hope that this article was helpful for you in understanding which file types are compatible with the TranscribeMe Customer Portal, and what you can do if your file type is not compatible.
If you continue to have issues uploading or converting your file, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to help!